The Ultimate Thanksgiving Survival Guide
It’s here again
That time of year when all your diet and fitness regimens are put aside for the sake of enjoying food, and fun with your loved ones.
After all the celebration and enjoyment is done, however, you’d be surprised how quickly all the hard work you put in to stay in shape goes down the drain.
So What Do You DO?
Ideally, you would do what I call “train right through” that means you train through holiday weeks as if they were any other week.
But I get it, it’s not that easy when you have to defrost the turkey 2 days beforehand, pick up your in-laws from the airport, or make sure you have enough mashed potatoes because Uncle Frank is coming for dinner.
So what happens is due to all the stress and time restraints you put your own personal health and fitness on hold.
The Monday aftermath of a holiday filled with second helpings, desserts and a few too many adult beverages is “now it’s time to get back in shape”.
Is that person you?
Take advantage of these tried, tested, and proven tips to get back on track:
1. Increase water intake. You can’t overlook the wonderful benefits of water to your body. Not only does it hydrate, but when consumed in recommended portions, it serves to flush the body and helps you eliminate any leftover toxins and free radicals from all those fat-heavy, calorie-dense Thanksgiving fares.
If you have a hard time drinking plain water, convert it into a more pleasant beverage by making flavored green tea, or squeezing lemon, adding mint or cucumber to it for a refreshing twist.
Drink enough water to send you to the bathroom at least five times per day.
2. Rev up your metabolism. The sooner you take steps to increase your metabolism, the sooner your body can start to really burn those extra pounds. These activities will increase your metabolism:
* Green tea is an excellent product for increasing metabolism. Have a cup or two during the day, but if you react badly to caffeine, avoid drinking green tea at night.
* Add some B complex to your daily vitamin intake.
* You can also increase your metabolism by eating foods that require extra energy to digest, such as protein.
3. Load up on fiber. Fiber-rich foods or as we call them WARRIOR 20 FOODS go hand in hand with water. They help to pull the toxins from the body that the water flushes out. Remember that your body doesn’t absorb much of the fiber, so its main purpose is to take bad stuff with it when it’s being passed out.
Fiber can be found in fruits and vegetables, especially the ones that are consumed with the skin on.
Vegetables like long beans, broccoli, and cauliflower are great sources of fiber. It’s a good idea to also include whole grains like quinoa or wild rice
4. Get moving! It’s is the best way to get the burn you want. If that’s too intense get on the treadmill jack up the incline and walk for 30-40 minutes while you plan out your day of festivities.
If you have access to a gym get in there early Thanksgiving morning and perform a sprint session, or a full body weight training workout.
If that’s too intense get on the treadmill jack up the incline and walk for 30-40 minutes while you plan out your day of festivities.
If time is an issue and you can’t get out walk the neighborhood or get a few exercise DVDs and work out at home at your convenience.
If you belong to a TFW or there is one in your area look up their Thanksgiving schedule. All TFW facilities will be running a FUN, FAT Burning holiday workout!
In the VIDEO below I share with you 4 Simple Steps to an effective exercise program and profile MOVING!
As I have always preached your best bet to get back into shape after Thanksgiving is to not lose track at all, it’s only human for you to want to indulge a little and you should!
However, If you’re guilty of going overboard during Thanksgiving, this program should get you on track again.
—–> JOIN US FOR A FREE FAT BURNING THANKSGIVING WORKOUT! <—–
The TFW Stockyards Black&Gold Friday workout starts at 12 pm and is open to the public email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re attending.
Are looking to make a change? Are you ready to finally find a Fitness Program that will give you results and change your life? Sign-up for our 7 Day FREE Trial and join the hundreds of other people at Training For Warriors Stockyards Burn Fat, Build Muscle and feel good!